NYS English Council Honored with 2017 NCTE Affiliate Newsletter of Excellence Award
NYSEC News, co-edited by Michelle Kaprinski and Christine Furnia of Wappingers Central School District, published by the New York State English Council, has been named as a recipient of the 2017 NCTE Affiliate Newsletter of Excellence Award, given by the National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE).
Established in 1992, this award recognizes outstanding newsletters of affiliates of NCTE that have published a minimum of three newsletters from May 2016 through the program deadline on May 1, 2017.
Newsletter submissions are judged on: content (particularly the inclusion of current, pertinent information with a good balance between theory, practice, and professional growth information), quality of writing, a clear and accurately defined purpose for the publication, a format which aids the reader in locating information and is easy to read, and the use of graphics to aid the overall effectiveness of the newsletter.
The award winners will be announced at the 2017 NCTE Annual Convention in St. Louis, during the Affiliate Roundtable Breakfast on Sunday, November 19.
Other winners include
• The English Pub: ACTELA Newsletter, edited by Kay Walter of the University of Arkansas at Monticello, published by the Arkansas Council of Teachers of English Language Arts;
• MATELA Update, edited by Katie Kotynski of Great Falls, Montana, published by the Montana Association of Teachers of English Language Arts;
• NJCTE e-Focus, co-edited by Susan Reese of Ocean Township High School and Patricia Schall of College of Saint Elizabeth, published by the New Jersey Council of Teachers of English;
• Chalkboard, edited by Peter Thacker of the University of Portland, published by the Oregon Council of Teachers of English;
• Texas Voices, edited by Kristen Stapp of Fort Bend Independent School District, published by the Texas Council of Teachers of English Language Arts;
• WCTE Update, edited by Linda Barrington of Mount Mary University, published by the Wisconsin Council of Teachers of English.
For more information about the NCTE Affiliate Newsletter of Excellence Award, click here.
Contact: Millie Davis, Senior Developer, Affiliates, 217-278-3634, email@example.com